The Chedi is one of the most amazing hotels in The Alps. Romantic, mysterious and surrounded by mountains, it’s worth visiting alone. Luckily, it’s just a short flight from London in the increasingly popular resort of Andermatt and for those seeking a retreat with alpine luxury and leisurely skiing, The Chedi is the perfect choice.
Like its sister hotels in Bali and Muscat, The Chedi has been built with a far eastern influence infused at every corner – grand ceilings, an abundance of relaxation areas, low lighting, stunning water features, exposed woods and stone, the hotel’s design conjures up a world tranquil stylish luxury you won’t find anywhere else on the slopes.
Foodies and fine diners need look no further than the hotel’s outstanding restaurants. One fuses traditional Swiss and European menus with an Asian flare and the other offers an authentic Japanese menu crafted by frequently visiting Japanese chefs. And raising the indulgence up a notch, is the five meter cheese atrium located in the middle of one of the restaurants.
Guests can choose from 123 guest rooms and suites with perfect views of the snow capped mountains, Andermatt Village or Schöllenen Gorge. Decked out with dark wooded floors, soft leather chairs and cosy sofas they range from 52 to 55m sq. rooms to the 100m sq. deluxe suites with picture windows or private balconies. Then there’s the 134-square-metre Gemsstock Suite with for its unobstructed views of monumental Mount Gemsstock. Guests can also choose the 3 bedroom 330m sq. Furka Suite, with living, dining and kitchen facilities, and a private spa.
The hotel will provide a dedicated ski specialist who will ensure you are kitted out with all you will need to make the most of the three brilliant skiing in Andermatt surrounding the Chedi. They are suitable for all levels and abilities and can be accessed by a short walk from the hotel, an even shorter drive or train journey from the station opposite the hotel.
After skiing comes the spa and the Chedi’s is the best on the slopes in our opinion. With hydrothermal baths and two swimming pools set against the stunning outdoor Alpine landscape, the Chedi’s spa and wellness centre is absolutely incredible and highly recommended, the perfect finale to a day on the slopes.
What we Love
Beyond the amazing rooms, incredible food and brilliant service, The Chedi is perfect for a group of mixed skiers, offering plenty to do for those who don’t ski to those who do.
Share this Property
Facilities and Services
- Main Restaurant – European Menu
- Japanese Restaurant
- Wine and Cigar Library
- Cheese Atrium
- Half Board & B&B packages available
- Indoor and outdoor infinity pools
- 2,400 sqm Spa
- Yoga and Pilates Instructors
- State of the Art Technology gym
- Massage and beauty treatments
- Hair salon
- Driver to the slopes
- 31 Deluxe Rooms 52 sqm 2 adults + 2 children
- 13 Grand Deluxe Rooms 52 sqm 2 adults + 2 children
- 4 Junior Deluxe Suite 90 sqm 2 adults + 2 children
- 51 Deluxe Suite 110 sqm 2 adults + 2 children
- 23 Grand Deluxe Two Bedroom Suite 190 sqm max 6 people
- 1 Gemstock Suite 134 sqm 2 adults + 2 children
- 1 Furka 3 Bedroom Suite 330 sqm max 8 people
Children are classified as up to the age of 12, after that another room must be taken.
All of the 123 rooms and suites in the hotel contain the following:
- Air conditioning with temperature and humidity control
- Built-in fireplace
- Bath and separate walk in shower
- Acqua di Parma bathroom amenities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary selection of coffee, tea, soft drinks and juices in the minibar
- iPad for in-room control and Internet
- 46” flat screen HDTV
- CD/DVD player (upon request)
- iPod connection & Bose surround system
- IPTV with on-demand movies and shows
Whats Included In The Price
- Welcome drink upon arrival
- Daily breakfast at The Restaurant
- Daily newspaper
- Non-alcoholic beverages from the minibar (replenished once daily)
- WiFi access in the room/suite and public areas
- Unlimited access to the spa and wellness center
- Personal Ski Butler
- Transportation to the slopes
Extras We Can Arrange
- Flight to the airport
- Ski Lessons and Guides
- Transfers from the airport or train station
- Rail Tickets
|Low Season||Mid Season||High Season|